Photo by Carretto Studios
Recent Panache and Promises couple Hannah and Nick had quite a large wedding party… 7 bridesmaids and 7 groomsmen! That’s a bit larger than the average. Most couples choose 4 friends and family for each side. But there are no hard and fast rules for picking that magic number. But there are many variables to consider…
Big groups of styled, beautiful bridesmaids and groomsmen can look and feel fabulous… but with greater numbers come more problems. Take these things into consideration before you ask your friends and family to have such a huge role.
Bride's: Your Best Don't List
Do you have an endless list of what needs to get accomplished? The organizing, the phone calls, the shopping and the wedding party.........
Keep your don't list handy and keep things in perspective.
1. Don't go shopping for wedding dresses after you have already purchased your gown.
If your bridal shop did not complete your finished look then and only then should you enter a bridal shop for your veil or accessories. But purchasing a veil without your gown is like buying a lamp shade without the lamp.
Clue: Find the one and only perfect boutique such as The Enchanted Bride. This is not the time to drag your dress around town or get advise from inexperienced bridal consultants.
2. After you have decided on your wedding décor with your florist and wedding planner STOP surfing wedding websites for more ideas. Your decorating budget won't expand, but your mind will explode....risking the bridezilla effect.
3. Keep your wedding plans to yourself and your planner. Forget Instagram postings of every detail. The WOW effect when guests enter your reception will be even WOWER if the details remain a surprise.
4. Losing weight? Remember your fiance loves you just the way you are. Be smart--simply eat healthy and exercise for a happy stress free lifestyle.
5. Fred Astaire meets Ginger....keep your first dance simple or take dancing lessons at Prestige Ballroom and keep Ginger and Fred on the silver screen.
Keep organized by downloading great phone apps to stay on top of wedding details:
Check out: Appy Couple
Be confident in your choices.
Carry smart snacks in your bag....and buy a great pair of shoes. A bride can never have too many of those!
If you would like automatic notifications of my blog, just subscribe here!